Adam Ouorou (Orange Labs)
Robust optimization in telecommunications
Robust Optimization is a field of mathematical programming dealing with uncertain optimization problems with a potential for applications, e.g. in telecommunication networks design. In this lecture, we will discuss the following topics:
- Robust (linear) optimization basic concepts: uncertainty sets and the robust counterpart of uncertain optimization problems
- Links with chance constrained programming
- Computational tractability of the robust counterparts
- Affinely adjustable robust counterparts
- Models for telecommunications network design problems under demand uncertainty.